- Knockanure Community Centre
- Knockanure, Moyvane, Listowel
- Tel.:+353 (0) 68 49799
- E-Mail: Make an Enquiry
Knockanure village is located about 9km from Listowel, just 2km south of Moyvane.
The Community Centre has occupied the original village school building since 1966 but re-opened in 2007 after an extensive refurbishment organised by a local group of volunteers. Since when, Knockanure Community Centre has proved to be an excellent facility, providing a superb venue for education and training and a popular focal point for the community.
The Community Centre is available to be used for many events and activities:
- Venue for meetings
- Meals for the elderly
- Barn Dances
- Christmas and Halloween parties for the young and elderly
- Funeral, Communion and Birthday Parties
- Keep Fit Classes
- Yoga Classes
- Dancing Classes
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Annual Run/Walk Fundraiser
The Hall is also used every second Monday of each month for a Social Day organised by the local Active Retirement group. The day includes:
- A Four Course meal(prepared and cooked by a qualified Chef)
- Live Music and Dance with Stevie Donegan
- Raffle on the day with great hampers to give away.
- Our Mission is to provide a high quality Community Centre and associated support services to the local community and its voluntary groups
- We seek to empower young people to develop their talents through games, group interaction, education and training
- We are responsible for creating and providing recreation, leisure and community services necessary to promote public well-being and quality of life for youth and adults
- To manage the financial affairs of the building as a non-profit organization
Anyone interested in using or finding out more about our facilities or joining with the Active Retirement group can contact the centre on 068-49799.